When most people hear the word Basil, they think of how it smells. Basil has a pungent, yet sweet odor, and it is used mostly in cooking. Basil will add flavor to meals, and it is commonly used in Italian and Mediterranean cuisine (think pesto). As an Italian who grew up eating Italian food most of the time, I can attest to this. In fact, I believe that my body is actually 32% basil. (for those who don’t know me, please know that I am kidding. The other 68% of my body is sarcasm.)
Let’s look at what Young Living’s Basil essential oil can do.
Well, first, as stated above, it can be used in cooking. You can simply add a few drops to your food to add flavor. The 15ml bottles of Basil that you get from Young Living hold approximately 250-300 drops of oil. So this will last you a good while. Unless of course you are Italian, in which instance I suggest buying Basil oil by the caseload.
Basil oil can also be inhaled to increase mental alertness. I like this. This speaks to me. Because I’m usually tired and have ten things going on at once. Maybe I should just tape the Basil oil bottle to the underside of my nose. That way I could inhale it all day. Basil oil can also be applied to your forehead to get rid of that mental fog.
Another great use for Basil oil is to relieve aching, tired muscles. A few drops on those sore muscles and you will see relief in no time.
If you’d like to try Basil oil, head on over to the Order Oils page. Or if you have a question about Young Living’s Basil essential oil, leave a comment or contact me.